Custom Dashboard to Reduce Queue Time
16% reduction in queue time using MaxMine custom short interval queue dashboard to manage dispatcher efficiency
- Client was exceeding budgeted engine hours while not achieving target tonnes hauled.
- In-field observations suggested that queueing was occurring, but data from the fleet management system (FMS) could not substantiate this.
- There was doubt as to whether the FMS was configured correctly.
- Management suspected that dispatch operators were manipulating their KPI’s by manually changing delay codes to standby codes.
- MaxMine automatically distributed reports to make the magnitude of the queueing problem visible to all stakeholders.
- MaxMine coaches worked alongside the Client to improve how queue time is managed during normal operations.
- This included:
- reviewing and updating standby and delay codes to improve the efficiency with which the FMS allocates trucks.
- Coaching the dispatch team on managing queue times during the shift.
16% reduction in queue time was achieved using MaxMine custom short interval queue dashboard to manage dispatcher efficiency.