Focus on Suspension to Improve Availability
12% improvement in machine availability by using
MaxMine to identify and eliminate top causes of failure
- Large open pit coal mine experienced frequent damage to truck frames.
- Damage led to failures/significant amounts of downtime and expensive repairs.
- Using MaxMine tools, it was determined that overcharged suspension cylinders were a
root cause of these failures (incorrect recharging procedures).
- MaxMine used to remotely measure strut pressures before and after recharging.
- The correct procedure for recharging suspension cylinders was determined and agreed upon.
- Specialists were assembled to recharge cylinders, reset ride heights and recalibrate payload measurements of all machines in the fleet.
A 12% improvement in machine availability was achieved by using MaxMine to identify and eliminate top causes of failure.